KOKOJOO was founded in 2018 in Germany. In February 2020 we moved to Switzerland where we were ​ welcomed with open arms and with the necessary support - far from any prejudices and with respect for African innovations.

In the following you will find a look back at our history.

1

The Eye-Opener

In January 2018, our founder Dayog worked with the German Development Ministry at the International Green Week (IGW) in Berlin on sustainable value chains in the cocoa sector. Once again, he became aware of the wasteful use of the cocoa fruit in Europe. The beans industrially used for chocolate make up only 20% of this superfood. This is despite the manifold potential uses of the remaining 80% of the fruit.